Saturday, 3 November 2012

 Stories - The Greedy Lion



TEST YOUR LISTENING SKILL
Listen to the story carefully and try to fill in the blanks with the correct answers.


 A hungry lion discovered a __________ rabbit.
"Oh, ___________ food. Hee hee hee. A sleeping rabbit. This is too easy."
The lion carefully approached the rabbit so it wouldn't ____________.
The minute the lion was about to jump the rabbit, a deer came out of the woods.
"Hm~ A deer. Yeah, that deer is probably more delicious than a rabbit. Yeah! I'll go after the deer."
The lion approached the deer licking his lips.
However, the deer already sensed the lion coming and ____________.
The lion ____________ the deer with all his might.
"Hee hee, keep running. You can't run from me."
But the deer was too _________.
The lion who hadn't eaten anything was too _________.
The lion finally gave up on the deer.
"Ugh... I'm tired. If I wasn't so hungry I could have caught it..."
The lion could only stare at the deer.
"I'm hungry. That was a waste of energy. I'd better get that rabbit. Hee hee hee. Just the thought of it is making my mouth water."
The lion licked his lips and headed to where the rabbit was.
But what happened?
The sleeping rabbit was not to be seen
"Huh? Where did it go? It was here just a while ago..."
The lion looked for the rabbit, but the rabbit was already gone.
"I'm so angry. I should have been ________ with that rabbit, but I went after that deer and now I lost them both!"
The greedy lion had to go home with his stomach growling.

Answer:
sleeping, delicious, wake up, ran away, chased, fast, tired, satisfied

    

2 comments: